Friday, August 24, 2012

Crock Pot Ground Turkey Soup



I had a really nice visit from an Uncle I hadn't seen in about 5 years today.  It was so nice catching up with him I completely let the time go.  My original plan was to take a picture of the crock pot before I got it going, and then after it was ready to eat.  By the time I realized I had never taken a picture of the 'ready to eat' photo, we were washing up dinner dishes and there was so little of the soup left, it was hardly photo worthy.  But, the 'pre' photo should give you an idea of what it'll look like when it's ready to eat.
For this recipe, we use either rabbit or turkey.  My Dad makes a really good Italian rabbit sausage, and I use it whenever we come across a dish that looks like it'll benefit from a little more zing.  However; this dish is really good with regular turkey as well =)  








Crock Pot Ground Turkey Soup





Ingredients:



  • 1 pound ground turkey (or rabbit)
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 to 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. basil
  • 3 tsp. beef bouillon
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) boiling water
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 cup diced carrots*
  • 1 cup chopped onions
  • 1 cup diced green peppers





Directions:


  • In a skillet, saute ground turkey and mushrooms in butter until mushrooms are tender and turkey is browned.  
  • Add all ingredients to the crock pot.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.


*I used baby carrots because it's what I had on hand.

Servings 5-6


Source: Family recipe book

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...