Thursday, August 16, 2012

Strawberry Banana Omelets

Now I love looking through the mighty internet for recipes.  There are hundreds of thousands and I barely scrape the tip of the iceberg when looking.  I have a stack of recipes I have yet to try out that is about two inches thick...and yet I keep printing and collecting, slowly putting them on the menu each month.  I'll probably make a dent er...by about 2021.
I'm a monthly menu person.  It gets my month all planned out in advance so I don't have to worry what's for dinner every day.  Now that doesn't mean I don't fudge once and a while and cancel a breakfast or dinner to make way for a new recipe I just HAVE to try.  As a matter of fact, this recipe was just such a case.  I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as my family does.






Strawberry Banana Omelets:




Ingredients:




  • 3 tablespoons low calorie butter, divided
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 4 eggs and 8 egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:



  • In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas and vanilla; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; stir in strawberries. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water and salt. Heat remaining butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
  • When eggs are almost set, spread two-thirds of fruit mixture over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Slide onto a serving plate; top with remaining fruit mixture. 




Yield:  4 servings.

Recipe adapted from a recipe on  tasteofhome.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...