Saturday, September 8, 2012

Crock Pot Corn and Potato Soup

I had a really great day today at the Amish School Auction here in Oklahoma.  They hold it once a year and it has a little of everything.  Arts and crafts booths, nick knacks, & this and that.  You park in this huge field and spend your time walking and talking, looking around.  The Amish serve a pancake breakfast in the early A.M. and it's really good.  There's a livestock auction, and everything else you can think of auction later in the A.M., as well as an area where a lot of quilts are displayed.  But my favorite thing they have is the pies.  Oh me oh my, the pies.  Since it's only once a year, we usually get 4 pies and freeze them to bring out a little as we go.  They have so many different kinds.  We got apricot, pecan, pineapple coconut, and cherry.  And they never disappoint!  Now that I got pie out of my system, I'd like to introduce you to todays dinner.  Crock Pot Corn and Potato soup.  This soup is dreamy.  I've been making it since Spring and it is so comforting and the calorie count isn't bad at all.  And because it's a crock pot recipe, its fast and easy.





Crock Pot Corn and Potato Soup



Ingredients:



  • 6 slices of crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 2 1/2- 3 cups diced potatoes
  • 1 medium diced onion
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
  • 1/2 to 1 cup baby carrots



Directions:


  • Place all ingredients except the milk in the slow cooker.
  • Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 5 hours.
  • 30-45 minutes before soup is done, add milk


Makes 6-8 servings
Okay, I should have stirred first! But this is reality folks and what it looks like when you first remove the lid!

And there you have it! An easy, fast, and very filling soup!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Source: I honestly don't remember where.  I found the recipe on the internet {cue Twilight Zone music}

2 comments:

  1. This soup sounds good. I'll have to give it a try. I am following you back.
    Have a great week.
    Pat from Topiary Rose

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...