Thursday, September 27, 2012

Skinny Mashed Potatoes

I've always been an instant potatoes gal in the past.  But adding all that milk and butter added so many calories, I found I couldn't eat them when cutting back.  So, when we found a lower calorie alternative on a site listing recipes found on the back of boxes, I was thrilled.  Hello, mashed potatoes, I've missed you so.



Skinny Mashed Potatoes 


Instructions:
  • 5 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups) (my garden potatoes are so small I can throw 12-15 of those tiny suckers in there =) )
  • 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) Swanson Chicken Broth (3 1/2 cups)
  • Generous dash pepper *optional  

I used the 'generous' dash of pepper the first time I made these and couldn't stop coughing/sneezing.  So now, I just add pepper at the dinner table.  lol

Directions:

  • In medium saucepan place uncooked potatoes and broth. 
  • Over high heat, heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. 
  • Cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 
  • Drain, reserving broth. 

Mash potatoes, adding a little bit of the reserved chicken broth at a time until potatoes are at desired consistency. 




Makes about 6 servings

This recipe created by Swanson.


source: Backofthebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...