Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie

Me oh my, I love this pie.  I'd never tried one before. Now that I think of it, I haven't tried a lot of pies out there.  Maybe that's why my sister found this recipe and suggested we try it.  I'm glad we did!  The top forms this nice crust and it is so smooth and creamy.  Perfect perfect perfect!



Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 min

Ingredients:



  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie shell


Directions:



  • Preheat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, beat the flour, sugar, salt, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and butter.
  • Pour into the pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes at 450°F. Reduce the oven heat to 325°F and bake for about 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.



Source: Dash Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...