Thursday, September 27, 2012

Egg In A Basket

I've always taken for granted how easy this is to make.  Until the other day I found several sites listing it as a recipe and showing how to make it.  I suppose there are people out there that have never heard of this but it's just one of those things I grew up on and have enjoyed all my life. Around my house we call it Egg in a Basket.  I've also heard of it called Egg in a Hole. Which actually makes more sense.  But mine is more girly so I'm sticking with it ;)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4071795/?claim=6mwnv5hskka">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Egg In A Basket


Ingredients:

  • bread
  • eggs
  • biscuit cutter or something to make the hole in the bread
  • olive oil



Directions:

  • Take a biscuit cutter and make a whole in the bread
  • Put it in an oiled heated pan. Wait about 60 seconds and crack and put egg in the hole of the bread.  If the white start to spill under the bread just wait a few seconds then mash the egg white back against the bread.  
  • Cook until the white starts to look firm them turn it over onto the other side and cook it about 3 minutes.

That's it! Enjoy your meal!

1.

2.

3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...