Sunday, October 14, 2012

Skinny Taco Dip

It's that time of year again! This is my favorite time of year.  When we all get together and celebrate family and friends and give well wishes to a year coming to an end.  We've been doing Game Night the past few Sundays and I decided this time to make a dip to go with our chips.  I've been using a Watkins mix that I'd purchased while at the state fair.  They are great by the way.  If you have the chance to try Bacon and cheese do so =)  Anywho, I came across a recipe over on Skinny taste and am giving it a try.  It tasted so good I went ahead and grabbed the camera.  I do not know why this picture looks so orange, but I'll take another picture next time I make it and if it turns out then I'll replace this one =)




I altered this recipe ever so much to accommodate my families personal tastes.  I put half as much salsa as the original recipe requested, which made the dip thicker, as well as using FF cream cheese and FF cheese. If you want to make this dip less 'healthy' go ahead and substitute regular cream cheese, sour cream, and cheese in place of the FF versions on the ingredient list.  

Skinny Taco Dip

Servings: 24
  
  • 8 oz Fat Free Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 8 oz jar mild salsa
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2.25 oz black olives

Directions:

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

Source: Original recipe found at Skinnytaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...